We are firmly committed to ensuring your personal account is maintained with the utmost privacy. What follows is a summary of the policy we have implemented. This includes the details of our conforming with third-party privacy standards.
When you create a personal account, you are asked only for a user name and a valid e-mail address. This information can be changed at any time. When you place orders for prints of photographs, more thorough personal information is required. However, credit related information is never stored on 36Pix servers. All information transmitted for the purposes of commercial transaction resides on secure servers in 128-bit encrypted form. Consult the Security Policy section below for more information about how 36Pix protects e-commerce transactions.
The following conditions apply to any account-based and transaction-based information collected by 36Pix:
- This information will not be rented, sold or shared with any third-party other than the financial institutions involved to process orders.
- Under certain circumstances, 36Pix may disclose this information gathered from its members in order to protect the rights or property of 36Pix and its other members.
36Pix may at times monitor the site’s activity to collect non-personal aggregate information. This information is in no way linked to an account holder’s personal identity. This information is used for statistical analysis, for example, to monitor site usability or traffic so we can make more informed decisions regarding future site development, marketing and special promotions.
Your email address
We will occasionally communicate with you using the e-mail address you supply when you create an account. In cases of promotional news, you can decline the reception of these messages. In cases where we announce significant changes to the site that we feel our members must be aware of, we will send unsolicited messages.
36Pix provides a safe and private environment for the digital photographs you upload and maintain on our site. Access to your account is password protected. However, because 36Pix also enables sharing photo albums with other people, you should understand the following:
- You can invite other people to view shared photo albums in your account.
- Invitations to view shared albums are sent by e-mail: the message includes a link to the shared album.
- If this e-mail is forwarded to another person, the link is open: they will have access to the shared album even though they did not receive the invitation directly from you.
- You can require visitors to sign in before seeing a shared album. In this case their e-mail addresses are listed in your guest book.
Cookies on your hard drive
Your IP address
36Pix uses IP addresses to generate aggregate demographic information. IP addresses of our site’s visitors are stored in a log file. We only consult these log files to establish specific IP/User ID links in two cases:
If credit card fraud is suspected, we may be required to consult log files and to share the results with financial institutions or legal authorities.
If our Customer Support department receives a support request that is best served by consulting log files, we will do so, but only if the user agrees.
Affiliate IP addresses
If you are referred to 36Pix through a promotion from another site, we will store the affiliates IP address in our database alongside your User ID. This procedure allows us to honour the contractual obligations of our promotional partnerships.
Canceling your membership
When you cancel your membership, you are prompted multiple times to confirm your cancellation. In this case, all information and photographs associated with your account are immediately deleted. Photographs are therefore irretrievable.